Friday, April 13, 2012


Monday, April 2nd: More packing.
Tuesday, April 3rd: Ava had a fever but no other symptoms of sickness.
Wednesday, April 4th: More packing and Ava still had a fever.
Thursday, April 5th: Trip to Tillamook to spend the day with Rob, Laura Mae and Mamam. Ava's fever mostly gone.
Friday, April 6th: Last Dr. Appt with my awesome midwife. I'm going to miss her! Made a couple of "last stops" in McMinnville. Lyle came to stay and help pack. Potluck at the Chehalem Senior Center to say goodbye to the field. I started feeling "icky" late at night.
Saturday, April 7th: I think I came down with a bug...dizzy, nauseous, tired. Lyle and Donald worked hard on the packing.
Sunday, April 8th: Our last Sunday morning meeting at Fred and Linda's. I still felt really sick so I stayed home from gospel meeting. Donald and Ava went with Lyle. 
Monday, April 9th: Felt much better! Lyle and Donald went to Dr. Hau's and dropped Ava and I off to do some shopping! Yay! I finally got some clothes for the baby. :) We got home and did some packing.
Tuesday, April 10th: The real work began...ABF delivered the trailer at about 8:30 am and Lyle and Donald started loading it up! Ava stayed in her pajamas most of the day and got filthy dirty! :) I started to swell up in my hands and feet so I had good excuse to sit down once in awhile. 
Wednesday, April 11th: Loaded the truck some more. Dennis and Jen Benjamin came to help and we got almost everything loaded into the truck! Ava fell asleep in the recliner and slept for a couple of hours while we packed around her. They decided to load the beds so we stayed a Benjamin's for the night. It was tough knowing that we had just spent the last night in our house. Lyle left to study for meeting. We packed up the car and went to gospel meeting (a little late) and then went out for ice cream at Jem 100 with Lyle, Troy, Dennis and Jen. Jen and I stayed up till 2 am just chatting. :) 
Thursday, April 12th: Got up and had breakfast. Donald went with Dennis to get new tires for his car. We found out that instead of having to pay $5000 to sell the house, it was going to be $7363.44!!! We were so disgusted. We're not feeling the love for realtors right now. Not a good way to start the day. Made a last stop for coffee at Symposium with the Benjamin's and headed to McMinnville. Got an email from Cheryl Plews saying that she had stopped by the house like we had talked about but we weren't there...I felt horrible!!! I had totally forgot that she was going to stop by because we hadn't stayed at the house like we had planned on.  We signed papers at Ticor Title at 12:30. We went back to the house and Lyle met us there to do the final packing of the trailer, turn in PO Box, tie up loose ends and enjoy the donuts that Cheryl had left at our door. Driving away I said, "Goodbye house!" and Ava said, "Goodbye house!" Then Donald and I both cried a bit. We went back to McMinnville and stopped at Wells Fargo to wire money to the title company for the sale of the house. We spent the night at Steve and Doris' for the night. What an emotional day.
Friday, April 13th: Doris made us a yummy breakfast and Ava ate a whole waffle, an egg and about 5 pear halves!! Headed back to McMinnville to sign a missed paper at Ticor Title. We decided to take one last trip over The Wilson to Tillamook and stopped at our favorite coffee hut in Carlton to fill our our punch card and get a free coffee. :) Drove by the house one last time. Now we are at Rob and Laura Mae's for a couple of days.
Ava has been such a trooper through all of this...Missed naps, no kitchen table, packing and getting rid of furniture! We really enjoyed having Lyle stay with us. We could have never packed without him...he's superman. :) I think it was really good for Donald to have him there with us. We're both a little stressed and wore out...hoping to relax for a day or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment